As seen on CTV Toronto
I teach the love of music through:
Music Moves Me: Virtual Summer Camp
Let's sing together, move and more! Music Moves Me is a series of broad-based virtual group music programs.
Virtual Piano Lessons for Adults & Kids
Learning an instrument is good for your mind and soul! Sign up for weekly, 30-minute virtual piano lessons.
Virtual Summer Camp 2020 One-Week Session
Music Moves Me ages 7 - 10 @ 9:30-11:00 am $150/week
- Your child can build their music skills, get moving and have fun with new friends! This program includes singing, dancing, drama, listening to and learning elements of music and will conclude with a calming musical meditation. Sign up today!
- Session: Aug 3 - 7, 2020 was a hit! Stay tuned for next session TBA soon!
What will your kids do with me online?
- They will sing some songs
- Explore different elements of music
- Develop their ear through listening games
- Move to music
- Engage in creative musical activities such as jingle writing
- Experience musical meditations :)
Learning music has been proven to help develop the brain, improve focus and relieve stress.Register Here
For 28 years in the TDSB, I was known by many as Ms.Tennen...
...Now that I've retired, I'm known as Ali, the founder of Alicat Music and calmdown.ca
I have degrees in Education, Music, and Psychology and have taught piano privately for over 30 years. As well, I am a certified Yoga Instructor, Strategy Coach and Energy Practitioner. I incorporate all of my gifts and talents when creating well-rounded programs for groups.
As of August 2020, a virtual summer music & movement camp is being offered. It will include singing, moving, meditation and more! Moving forward, similar programs will be offered from time to time throughout the school year.
All year round, I offer virtual piano lessons to kids and adults which is calming for my students in these changing times. It is a whole brain activity that enhances one's life in a myriad of ways.
Weekly Piano Lessons
Alison has been teaching me piano for almost two years now and is helping me transfer my knowledge of music from another instrument to piano. While my fingers were initially slower than my brain, she has helped me to really move along quickly. I enjoy the lessons and I'm pleased with the progress I'm making.
- Adult Student
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.”